|ante||before, in the presence of|
|en||in, on, at*|
|para||for, in order to|
|por||for, by, through|
|sobre||about, on, upon, above, over, around|
between: something concern 2 persons among: in groups, more than 2 persons on: means contactns # at: specific time; "at nine oclock" on: no specific time; "on saturday" in: the past or future; "in the night" during: before: after: # ejemplos troubles with doubs about sneeze into the
Prepositions can show positions in space
A preposition shows a relationship between ideas in a sentence. Prepositions usually answer the questions where or when. They often tell the location of a person or a n obect in time or space.
Each of the questions below contains at least one prepositional phrase that connects a noun or pronoun to its location in relation to another word in the sentence. Underline the prepositional phrase, then circle the preposition. The first one is done for you.
- The yoga instructor balanced her body backwards over the exercise ball.
- He put his wet umbrella into the metal stand beside the front door.
- The teacher wrote an assignment on the whiteboard.
- Walking as quickly as he could, the old man stpped around the cracks in the sidewalk.
- She was happy to sign her name near the top of the petition.
- Our family has a vacation home along the Colorado River.
- Jeremy forgot his backpack on the lawn by the public library.
- girls organized their materials and starting building the project on the kitchen table.
- Summer classes will be held inside the auditorium of the high school on Brentwood Avenue.
- My uncle'sboat started leaking, and it sank into the middle of the lake.
- The sharpened pencils are located above the dhelf with the lined paper.
- The heavier materials sifted through the lighter ones and rested on the bottom of the bucket.